Please stop what you’re doing right now and take a look at this amazing little island.
The island is called Tavarua and it is in Fiji. The ‘deserted island’ game is strong with this one.
Except of course, it isn’t deserted and you couldn’t spend many an afternoon lazing around on its beautiful sandy beaches or perhaps even venturing out for a spot of surfing… if you’re into that sorta thing of course. As for me, you’ll probably find me flat out on the beach, armed with multiple cocktails either tipsy or well on my way there. (It’s a holiday after all!)
N.B.: This isn’t a sponsored post, just my way of sharing with you my new found travel obsession.
WHERE CAN YOU STAY?
Well, there’s only once place on the island to stay (it’s fairly tiny after all) and that’s the aptly named Tavarua Island Resort.
HOW DO I GET THERE?
In 3 simple steps:
- Fly into Fiji
- Hope aboard a bus from the airport to the boat terminal
- Take a boat from the ‘mainland’ to Tavarua Island.
You probably don’t need to remember any of this stuff as the island resort will help you organise all of this anyway but it’s kinda nice to know upfront isn’t it?
WHAT TO DO THERE?
For such a small island, it seems to pack quite a punch activites-wise. You can do surfing here, skydiving, eat more seafood than you can shake a stick at (which I feel should be a legit travel activity of it’s own), relax on the beach, go diving… and so much more. The full details are on the website with more info so I’ll let you find that bit out for yourself. 🙂 (Predominantly it’s under the “Essence“, “Thrills” and “Play” headers at the top. Long story short – there’s a lot of stuff to do here.
WHAT SORT OF PEOPLE WOULD YOU FIND THERE?
- I’m gonna say you’ll probably find the adventurous thrill-seeking types. You know, the ones who’ve already been up at the crack of dawn for a swim, surfing for a few hours and a sky dive while you (if you’re like me) are still in your room barely awake and trying to piece together how many of those cocktails you had last night (and if you’re lucky) wondering why you’re not actually hungover (the secret here is to eat lots people. Food counters alcohol). For what it’s worth, when you go get out of bed though you fill up every hour of the day with activities you want to do.
- Families. Young and old. There’s something for everyone here so whatever the age group is, you’ll find something to do.
- Friends on tour. Why get one bubbly personality when you can have oodles of like minded travellers, eh?
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST YOU?
Now that’s the tricky part. There’s no advertised price here and even the website reservations page has just contact details for your bookings. My guess is that it’s not gonna be ridiculously cheap and probably creep more into the luxury market but more so affordable luxury. Essentially, it’ll cost ya but you won’t mind because you know it’s totally worth it.
Not sure what else there is to know really. Pretty sure the website has most of it covered. The only other left to do is fawn over the photos of the island methinks… 🙂 Please join me as I “Ooooooh” and “Aaaaah” over the photos of this amazing little Fijian gem!