I recently happened upon a place which looks too good to keep just to myself. I was watching Ex-Machina recently and in a theme that has been consistent this year – i.e. my deep love of Norway and it’s amazing natural treasures, I found myself taken with the hotel/house/building featured in the film. The film was good but by the time I finished watching it, I was well and truly in love with The Juvet hotel featured in the movie.
This isn’t a sponsored post, it’s just a place that I liked and wanted to share with you. I guess this post is slightly different from my usual post but I daresay once you see the photos of the The Juvet you’ll see why I had to share this with you.
Where is it?
In a small village called Valldall in Norway. Not much else to say on that front. Oh, it’s built on a farm – not even sure why that’s relevant.
- Address: Alstad, 6210 Valldal, Norway
- Phone: +47 950 32 010
This begs the question – where in the world is Valldall? If you haven’t heard about it before, you’re probably in very decent company. Valldall is a rural village located north of Norddalsfjorden (a spectacular Fjord) in the northwest coast of Norway. It’s not as high as Trondheim but it’s a lot higher than cities like Bergen and Oslo. If you are still intrigued as to where to find it – this is perhaps the point where I would refer you to Google maps as they can pin point it’s location much better than I can attempt to in this post. (You can find it here)
How do I get there?
- Fly into Ålesund and drive to the hotel from the airport. This takes approximately 90 minutes and is perhaps the best option.
- Take the train from Oslo. This takes approximately 5 hours but with great opportunities to see the countryside. If you’re staying for a longer period of time, the train might be an option to consider but otherwise, I’d recommend going to Ålesund.
How much is it?
It’s gonna cost approximately NOK 1,450 / £114 / €160 / $175 per night – which in my opinion is not bad at all. Prices are the same all year.
It looks familiar. Where have I seen it before?
I already mentioned how The Juvet was featured in the film Ex Machina so this little section here was just to see if you were paying attention at the start! 😉 Check out the trailer here if you need more details or would just like to see what this looks like in a video.
What is there to do here?
- Lots of nature stuff… like hiking. More hiking… and then some more hiking 🙂 Just kidding, there’s so much more outdoorsy stuff other than hiking to do here
- You could go see the Fjords.
- Enjoy the view from the comfort of your hotel room. Generally, this looks like the perfect place to come unwind